Search This Blog

Thursday 20 August 2009

Jew Hate Shows Where US Health Care Is Really Sick

As the row in the United States about health care reform reaches – er - fever pitch, the debate has brought the usual crowd of snivelling antisemites crawling out of the woodwork.

Last week, Las Vegas radio station KDWN AM720 sponsored a “contentious” town hall meeting during which local news stations  interviewed an Israeli man who praised the “fantastic” “national health care” available back home.

As he spoke, a woman yelled: “Heil Hitler!” He stopped, visibly upset, and demanded: “Did you hear this? She says to a Jew, ‘Heil Hitler’! Hear? I’m a Jew! You’re telling me, ‘Heil Hitler’? Shame of you!”

But as he angrily confronted her, the woman merely  mocked him by making a crying sound to imply he was a whining baby.

I sympathise entirely with President Obama’s insistence that the US should imitate no one other country’s mode of health care. He must be in a position to synthesise the best of what’s available elsewhere and make it wholly unique to America.

But as he’s sought outside opinion, let me add my own: Despite its many ills, Britain’s National Health Service is wonderful: It’s helped to extend the precious life of a dear friend by several years and  me …? Well, by now, I would be blind in my left eye without it.

msniw

No comments: